Saturday, May 10, 2008

Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey (Beatles Week)

One more, before I finish up Beatles Week.

The Beatles

The Beatles
"Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey"




A straight up rocker, with John screaming over I-IV changes. There's nothing better in life than that.

Also, check out this clip, which, after a straightforward presentation of the music and lyrics of the song, presents it backwards. I have to tell you, my eyes were opened. Yahoo's the bus ride you ride today!

2 comments:

Mondo said...

Amazing 40 years on and people are still analysing Beatles tunes down to this detail

Nanker said...

Hey, it's the internet – it's full of guys pursuing useless hobbies with unsettling enthusiasm. Why, I'll even bet that somewhere out there is a guy analysing every song the Rolling Stones ever recorded. What could drive such people to such pointless causes? I'm guessing that avoidance of work is the prime motivation

Except, of course, the Rolling Stones guy, who, I am assured, does his blogging off the clock.