Monday, May 12, 2008

Sing This All Together

Their Satanic Majesties Request
Track 1
"Sing This All Together" – 3:46










The first song off Their Satanic Majesties Request. This is the kind of stuff that makes me hate the Beatles all over again, a swirling mess of hippie love and pretension. I spent all of last week preparing myself mentally for the challenge of dealing with this album, but after hearing "Sing This All Together", I realise that a single week was not enough time to steel myself for the pain. Maybe there is not enough time in the world – maybe, like peeling a bandage off a hairy part of your body, you shouldn't even give yourself time to prepare, you should just jump into it without thinking, instead of dwelling on how much this is gonna hurt. And if track 1 is any indication, it's gonna hurt a lot.

0 comments: