Monday, May 5, 2008

Introducing Beatles Week!

Introducing Beatles Week!

The last Stones album I blogged drained me of any good will I had towards the Rolling Stones. I could not, in good conscience, continue blogging their music while having a huge ball of hatred[*] sitting in the pit of my belly. Also, I looked ahead at their next album and realised that I just don't have the strength right now for this much shit – I need to take a break, recharge my batteries, and get back some objectivity before I revisit the Stones.

And so it's vacation time here at Blogging the Stones, and what better vacation spot than the Beatles catalogue? I'll be getting to some of my favourites, some hits and some relative obscurities, but all songs that have made life better in some small way for those who have heard them. And, most importantly, I'll be avoiding the shitty tunes – that is the "vacation" aspect of the Beatles week conceit.

So for the next week Blogging the Stones will be a Stones-free environment. Let's get the party started!

[* a huge ball of hatred: goddamn, Between the Buttons was a crappy album. I'm not sure how to stress this too much. It was the Amerigo Vespucci of sucking, finding new and undiscovered territories in the areas of shit, mapping the terrain so that others may follow.]

0 comments: