Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm a King Bee

England’s Newest Hitmakers

Side 2, Track 1

"I'm a King Bee" (James Moore) – 2:35



You know, I totally forgot about the near endless parade of mundane blues shuffles that typified the Stones early career. MAKE IT STOP! At least these recordings have the virtue of being short, unlike the Jimmy Page marathons that we'd all have to put up with later in the decadeby which time, the Stones had moved on to more productive applications of their talent.

(Or had they? I don't remember much straight blues on the Let It Bleed/Exile heydaybut then again, I didn't remember this much blues on the debut album, which was once a favourite of mine.)

The most important part about this track is the ludicrous slidey bass part, which at least adds a comedy element.



0 comments: