Friday, May 2, 2008

Ruby Tuesday

Between the Buttons (USA Version)
Side 1, Track 3
"Ruby Tuesday" – 3:17





Apparently, Keith wrote this one. Go figure.

I've never really liked the song – the arrangement always seemed too fussy. I mean, what is the hook? Obviously the singalong title phrase and the great Charlie Watts drum fills in the chorus. Why the hell are you adding flutes and cellos to a straightforward rock song?

Anyway, I don't have much to add. I'd rather talk about Rod Stewart's version:



That is the most hilariously literal video I've ever seen. Aw, she's so carefree! She doesn't have time for photoshoots (or statues) – she just wants to blow bubbles in the fields and drive down streets with her head hanging out the window.

Rod's voice sure does sound good, though, doesn't it? I just wonder why he was so interested in that menu.

0 comments: